You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

system configuration: where to provide it to the forum?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/561-gui-issue-effects-pane-open-many-v17832/?p=4574 :

>>  Ah, where is a useful place to write system information into a forum user profile? – Is it @ "Profile Feed" / "what's on your mind?" ?

>  We've not really thought about this.  :(

Would you tell/show us at least where/how users feed into "What's on your mind?" will occure?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

Hi thomaso,

It seems to be the common approach on other forums (Macrumors, etc.) to include this information in your forum signature, if you will be a long-term forum user. It's easy then for the developers to see your specific system configuration at a glance. You would be surprised at the differences introduced between 10.7/8/9 (usually things "turning upside down" in the UI :D ) - so this information is often more important than people might think..

AndyS

okay. "signature". now you'll guide us to "signature" - either, No, both in Affinity forums UI and in your profiles' result.

very curious now: what to get is what to see what you'll show now?  :)

Okay, just added my Machine information into the “Signature” section of my profile and it now shows below as the greyed out text below this post.

If you are not sure about your machine spec’s just go to the Apple Menu and select “About This Mac” for your system configuration. Select “More info…” if you want more information about your system. All information you add can be more helpful than you might think.

All of us should really do this. It is very helpful to the members of the “Team” in helping to understand what might be causing any problems you may run across.

It is also most helpful if you have problems to describe, as best you can, what you were doing that lead up to the problem and this is most helpful for them to possibly be able to solve the problem instead of them having to come back and ask for that information. This is especially helpful to them if it is something you repeat at will.

We all owe them that curtesy at the very least. They are trying to help us to have the best software available and they really do need our help in doing that.

Thanks for listening.

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

> into the “Signature” section of my profile

where is the “Signature” section in my profile?

I can't find any "signature" wording within my Affinities forums profile.

Can you deliver a screenshot of where you put it, please?

Here is mine of no "signature" section:

post-271-0-86631200-1411685617_thumb.jpg