You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Data Merge Manager Panel

You only have to click once to close it, which is easier than having to open it again if you don't want it closed, so on balance I'd vote for leaving it as it is. 😉

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

22 minutes ago, Jon P said:

So the counter argument here is that people may want it open for when they return to the original document, so it will depend on workflow as to whether this would be useful

Could it be set so that happens, remaining open in the original document but auto closing in the new document where it is likely not needed.

How about both desires: Having this window visible only if a data node exists in the displayed .afpub.

It would auto-hide as soon the generated .afpub gets displayed – but auto-re-appear if I go back to the initial .afpub with data merge settings.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 10/23/2020 at 2:59 AM, thomaso said:

How about both desires: Having this window visible only if a data node exists in the displayed .afpub.

It would auto-hide as soon the generated .afpub gets displayed – but auto-re-appear if I go back to the initial .afpub with data merge settings.

... and/or the Manager window could open by double-clicking a node object in the layout.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.