You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import from Photos-App for IOSX

Hi,

congrats to the folks at serif for the fine affinity photo app. Since i switched from Windows to Apple/IOSX i missed my old Photoshop 7.0 for Windows. Now, that i tried AP for several days i feel comfortable and can do all the things i did with Photoshop. 

I use the IOS Photos-App for collecting my JPEG-Copies of the developed and evtl. edited RAW-Files. Sometimes i want to open one of my old pictures from f.e. 2002, which are exclusively stored in the Photos-App. The only possibility i've found, is to drag the file out of photos for iosx on the Desktop and from there into Affinity photo.

Would be smart to do this directly from affinity photo. Perhaps a topic for one of the following updates.

Greetings from germany and please excuse my scary english  :) ,

Tom

• Staff

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Forums :)

Currently there is no edit in external app feature in Photos however this is being added by Apple. Once it has been you will be able to choose a photo from Photos and automatically bring it up in Affinity Photo. You can see a statement from one of our developers regarding this here. I hope this helps :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi,

congrats to the folks at serif for the fine affinity photo app. Since i switched from Windows to Apple/IOSX i missed my old Photoshop 7.0 for Windows. Now, that i tried AP for several days i feel comfortable and can do all the things i did with Photoshop. 

I use the IOS Photos-App for collecting my JPEG-Copies of the developed and evtl. edited RAW-Files. Sometimes i want to open one of my old pictures from f.e. 2002, which are exclusively stored in the Photos-App. The only possibility i've found, is to drag the file out of photos for iosx on the Desktop and from there into Affinity photo.

Would be smart to do this directly from affinity photo. Perhaps a topic for one of the following updates.

Greetings from germany and please excuse my scary english  :) ,

Tom

Try this. It worked for me with Aperture.  Go to Affinity Photo/ PREFERENCES/photoshop plugins  Then browse to folder where your Photo's are. Of course, if you are archived on the cloud it won't work. But my Aperture folder is on a huge external drive and I can now browse it through the Media Browser.