You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Constant Crashing on IPad!

Hi there,

anyone having the same issue on the iPad? In the past hour it’s crashed on me 7 times! I think more to be honest as I’ve lost count now. I have a serious job to get completed for today and i dont have any other access to photoshop as a make do.

please can someone help.

cheers.

48 minutes ago, Creativeelc said:

please can someone help.

Could you provide a little more information? 
What actions are you doing when the app crashes? 
Does it only happen on the one file? 
Have you closed all other apps while running photo?
Have you done a hard reset on your iPad to clear out ram?

What app version are you running and what iOS version?

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. iPad Pro - IOS 14.0.1
  2. minimal apps - photos / webpage (this one) / Gmail 
  3. I did a hard reset after that 5th time of it crashing
  4. No it is happening on multiple files 
  5. the actions were pretty straight forward - the file size is large (could be the issue) it’s an A0 piece of paper
  6. I’ve been using the polygonal selection tool - it was perfect over the weekend. Then today (NZ time from 11am) it started crashing constantly.

it’s started to calm down - but then, I’m not using that preset at the moment....

It’s really not liking working today. It’s crashed three times since i posted nearly an hour ago.

I’m not doing the same thing that i was doing when it originally began to crash. 

I stopped using the programme last year because it was doing this so much. I think after this job ill use another programme. I cant afford to lose this amount of time.

If it’s a large file maybe try deleting history, that’s takes up ram too. Make sure you save regularly.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Thank you so much! Yeah i see that now. My history was jam packed and like you said with a huge file that’ll do the ram over big time. I’ve cleared the history on all of the images i was working on. Will do that much more in future. On my old Mac it had specific warnings letting me know when my memory was running low or when it crashed it gave a reason why. That doesn’t happen on the ipad - it just kicks you out with no feasible reason. 

Appreciate the help! Have a good day :)

I work a lot on my two ipads and never had a crash.... could be something else than Photo.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Sorry, I also use Designer on my iPad, less than Photo, but I never had a crash on either models. But I never worked on a canvas bigger than 13" x 19".

If you could post the file you have problem with, I could try it.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

6 hours ago, AlainP said:

Sorry, I also use Designer on my iPad, less than Photo, but I never had a crash on either models. But I never worked on a canvas bigger than 13" x 19".

If you could post the file you have problem with, I could try it.

You’re very kind - i cant post the image right now (not been officially ok’d by the people I’m doing it for) but will do once I’ve been given the green light.

DM1’s suggestion of clearing the history seems to have worked. Not crashed since.

Funny enough i exported the file out as a PSD and opened it up in ClipStudio and it was behaving oddly in there too... so, i suspect there’s a corrupt element within the image. But I haven’t got time to go through each part seeking which bit is corrupted. 

I stopped using Designer last year cos it was playing up too many times for me to do my job properly. And then i get back to using it - I was really happy with the ‘no crashing thing’ and then i tempted fate! Ha! 

On 10/19/2020 at 4:40 AM, Creativeelc said:

Hi there,

it’s just done it again. I copied an image from one file then pasted it into another file. It froze then crashed. Have made sure all other apps are closed.

App crashes EVERY time I try to copy and paste - file size is tiny it’s just a small logo, history has nothing in it as I’ve just opened the object. iPad is on the latest release and the app is up-to-date.

14 hours ago, kaminokiller said:

App crashes EVERY time I try to copy and paste - file size is tiny it’s just a small logo,

Are you copying /pasting a symbol? There is a known bug that results in crashing.