You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Betas asking for Registration Key

I've run previous betas, but with the 1.9 betas I can't open Designer or Photo. I own both of those via the Mac App Store, they're installed in their default locations and have been opened. Both betas are asking for the registration key.

I purchased Publisher right from Serif and it's beta opens without issue. What am I missing?

• Staff

Hi Jeremy,
Have you tried removing and re-downloading Photo and Designer from the Mac App Store? It is worth also ensuring you don't have any other versions of the app stowed away on your Mac (I've had times where I've had multiple copies of the MAS version and it gets thoroughly confused).

The betas should be able to detect your product receipt and app version from the downloaded apps and use that to verify the beta can run. The Affinity Store version have a product key unlike the Mac App Store version, which is why that beta isn't giving you any issues.

What version of macOS are you using also?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.