You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've started to experience consistent glitches when using my pen in Designer. I'm working on an HP Spectre that folds from laptop to tablet and until now, I haven't experienced many issues drawing this way in Designer.

Lately when I'm in Pixel mode using the brush tool, I'll have to hold my pen closely over (but not on) my screen for about 10-15 seconds for the brush cursor to appear. If I try drawing before it appears, nothing happens, and sometimes it won't appear at all. When it finally does appear and I'm able to draw something with the brush, more often than not it starts cutting up the line I'm drawing like it's jumping, but I haven't lifted the pen. Also sometimes while I'm drawing, it's almost like a second cursor comes in and hovers over buttons/menu items to show the hover description, but I'll still be drawing. 

My pen seems to be working fine doing other things so I don't think that's the problem, but who knows.

As a side note, is there a way to turn off the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the window, or improve gestures? My hand touches it often and it makes my artboard jump all over the place.

Any ideas of how I can remedy these issues are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Staff

Hi @natassiaashley,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Please open Affinity Designer > Edit > Preferences and then select Tools. Here you will see an option called Tablet Input Method. What is your app set to here please?

10 hours ago, natassiaashley said:

As a side note, is there a way to turn off the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the window, or improve gestures? My hand touches it often and it makes my artboard jump all over the place.

Unfortunately not currently, however our developers are hoping to release a 'tablet friendly' UI option for our desktop apps in the future :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

I recommend trying Windows Ink first and seeing how this affects things, then if you're still having trouble try switching to High Precision.

Please do let me know which works best for your setup, and if you still need me to look into any usability issues :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)