You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can’t Isolate Node Handle

As you can see in the attached video, I can’t isolate node handles EVEN when I press and hold on the screen. Am I doing something incorrect? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I seem to have the most problems when I’m zoomed in and the nodes are close together, however, I need to get into tight corners and the only way to do that is to zoom in. Is this a bug or user error? Thank you!

On 10/17/2020 at 9:04 AM, LuckylaqHer said:

Am I doing something incorrect?

Hi LuckylaqHer, I'm not seeing that issue on my iPad. You appear to be doing it correctly too. Could you attach a file with that problem and I’ll see if it happens on my iPad too. That will show if it is file related.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thank you. It’s happening on all my files. I’m learning how to use the pen tool more efficiently so I’m open to it being user error, and thought maybe it was my paper like screen protector, however, I’m not having this problem when using the pen tool in my other vector apps. So I’m hoping it’s a problem with my settings but so far I can’t find a solution. Thank you.

A_OUTLINE.afdesign

3 hours ago, LuckylaqHer said:

It’s happening on all my files

Sorry I can’t fault it. I don’t have a screen protector though. Maybe the mods will have better luck. 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Hi LuckylaqHer

Thanks for the file. I've tried it myself on two iPads and also with Left Handed Mode enabled and its still behaving for me.
What iPad model and iOS version are you using?
What version of Affinity is running?
Can you post some screenshots showing all the settings you're using in Preferences?
How are you interacting with the iPad? Fingers, Apple Pencil, Mouse, other methods? Is that the same for both touch points?
Does your palm rest on the screen when you find it doesn't work?

On 10/28/2020 at 1:59 AM, Sean P said:

Hi LuckylaqHer

Thanks for the file. I've tried it myself on two iPads and also with Left Handed Mode enabled and its still behaving for me.
What iPad model and iOS version are you using?
What version of Affinity is running?
Can you post some screenshots showing all the settings you're using in Preferences?
How are you interacting with the iPad? Fingers, Apple Pencil, Mouse, other methods? Is that the same for both touch points?
Does your palm rest on the screen when you find it doesn't work?

Soooo it seems to have corrected itself. All I did was open another file to try it on an illustration I created from scratch (it worked as intended) and then went back to the files where I was just practicing (like the attached) and now I can isolate with no problem. What's strange is now they're ALL isolated. That's fine though as I tend to lay down the outline and then go back and adjust. Idk...it's 2020 so I'm just here for the drinks. Thank you for all your help. If it happens again I'll be back. Take good care. :)