You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets not showing in Publisher 1.8,5.703

Hi,

In Publisher and Photo, the Assets and Stock are not showing up, although checked in Studio.
The assets are empty and stock only shows "Unsplash.....I understand", but no images show up.

However, in Designer the assets show up immediately.

How can I get the assets and stock images show up in Publisher and Photo please?
Do I need to import them first and if so, where can I find the download?
All three are up to date to the latest versions.

I tried this method but did not work.

Thanks,
Annie

Sorry, I don't really use them. Off the top of my head is to use the view as list feature so you can actually see them if they are text frames for example. Try to keep them organized as much as possible by naming them descriptively and categorizing them.

And be aware that you can bog down the system if you have too many large high resolution pictures in them. I tend to keep 'assets' as files on a hard drive and bring them in as needed.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Ah! I now exported the assets from my designer version into Publisher and they are now showing there as well.😎

I do seem to recall that at some point, I downloaded those for designer long time ago somewhere, not sure though.
I have designer long before I bought Publisher.

Maybe the assets panel is empty by default anyway?

Thanks for your help!
Annie

I think those iOS 12 assets were a sort of giveaway with Designer many months ago. They have never been updated and don't appear in any other apps. 

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

2 minutes ago, LogoLogics said:

Ah! I now exported the assets from my designer version into Publisher and they are now showing there as well.😎

I have been Ninja-ed by the questioner! Ah, the ignominy of it all. [smiley face emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 minutes ago, h_d said:

I think those iOS 12 assets were a sort of giveaway with Designer many months ago. They have never been updated and don't appear in any other apps. 

That might be the case yes, it's been a while, but I think I could download them at the time as a giveaway.
Have you imported some paid ones before?

I found these that look interesting:
https://creativemarket.com/AffinityTemplates/3176500-Affinity-Designer-Assets-Bundle
https://graphicriver.net/item/magicons-160-icons-for-web-mobile/19211647?_ga=2.87885976.1082467230.1602881896-746261340.1601157026

Do you think it is a good idea or are there downsides I should know about?

Thanks,
Annie

I've never imported or paid for any other assets @LogoLogics - I think I would tend to use the Assets panel as a 'library' for my own designs. I suppose the downside of any paid-for assets like those you've linked is that they could look derivative rather than individual.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

8 minutes ago, h_d said:

I've never imported or paid for any other assets @LogoLogics - I think I would tend to use the Assets panel as a 'library' for my own designs. I suppose the downside of any paid-for assets like those you've linked is that they could look derivative rather than individual.

Cheers,

H

Thanks for your input!