You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DJI Mavic Air 2 FC3170 Lens Correction

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I've been using Affinity Photo professionally for a short time now.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried lens correction for the Mavic Air 2 drone's stock camera from DJI. The lens profile says FC3170; however, I've found using the DJI FC2103 & Compatibles correction profile looks much better than the images straight from the lens. Can anyone confirm if FC3170 is compatible with this profile, or if not can someone explain the error of my ways to me? 

• Staff

Hi @MortTheAerialGuy,

Welcome to the forums :)

This has recently been brought up in the below thread - 

I can confirm that the latest beta update for Affinity Photo contains the latest update of LibRAW, so your images (and built in lens correction) should open correctly there.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 10/31/2020 at 9:02 PM, MortTheAerialGuy said:

I'm afraid I've had no luck installing the beta version of affinity

I'm sorry to hear this!

Have you received an error message whilst trying to install/run the betas? I'd be happy to help get the app installed for you :)

On 10/31/2020 at 9:02 PM, MortTheAerialGuy said:

Any word on when the update will come out?

Unfortunately we don't provide timescales as these can change due to many external factors - so the best we can say currently is we'll release it when it's 'ready' - but we're certainly working for this release to be sooner, not later :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 6:51 AM, Dan C said:

Hi @MortTheAerialGuy,

Welcome to the forums :)

This has recently been brought up in the below thread - 

I can confirm that the latest beta update for Affinity Photo contains the latest update of LibRAW, so your images (and built in lens correction) should open correctly there.

I hope this helps!

Hello, I just bought Affinity Photo to start learning photo editing with pictures from my Mavic Air 2. I noticed that my pictures were super fish eyed so I did some searching and came across this thread. I have installed the beta (version 1.9.0.205/206) and still don't see the proper lens profile for the Mavic Air 2. Do I need to manually update LibRAW or something?

Edited by ScoobyDoo27

• Staff

@ScoobyDoo27

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

On 11/27/2020 at 8:20 PM, ScoobyDoo27 said:

Hello, I just bought Affinity Photo to start learning photo editing with pictures from my Mavic Air 2. I noticed that my pictures were super fish eyed so I did some searching and came across this thread. I have installed the beta (version 1.9.0.205/206) and still don't see the proper lens profile for the Mavic Air 2. Do I need to manually update LibRAW or something?

The Mavic Air 2 is definitely supported as a camera in 1.9 as it's listed in the following RAW list. I've just tried one and it worked fine but if you're having issues in the beta, I would suggest you start a new thread in the Photo Beta forum and our QA team will investigate. You can manually select the DJI Mavic Pro Lens from the Lens Panel - this appeared to fix the fish eye on the sample I found on the internet but if it's not working for you a sample file would help.

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2020 at 5:59 AM, Dan C said:

I'm sorry to hear this!

Have you received an error message whilst trying to install/run the betas? I'd be happy to help get the app installed for you :)

Unfortunately we don't provide timescales as these can change due to many external factors - so the best we can say currently is we'll release it when it's 'ready' - but we're certainly working for this release to be sooner, not later :D

So, now the lens profile says released online, but only the old lens profiles show in Affinity Photo.

• Staff
13 hours ago, MortTheAerialGuy said:

So, now the lens profile says released online, but only the old lens profiles show in Affinity Photo.

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble here! Could you please provide a sample RAW file for me? I would like to investigate this further for you.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

4 hours ago, Dan C said:

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble here! Could you please provide a sample RAW file for me? I would like to investigate this further for you.

Many thanks in advance :)

Absolutely! I could really use some help here, I'm planning on using Affinity Photo professionally.

I've already tried reinstalling Affinity Photo and restarting my computer.

I've included a photo with the horizon so that you can easily tell whether it's been properly corrected or not.

DJI_0001.DNG

• Staff

Thanks for the RAW file provided! I have looked into this further and found the following -

The SerifLABs RAW engine has recently added support for this RAW file, so that we can open and develop them correctly - however LensFun (which Affinity Photo uses as the database for lens correction) doesn't yet have support for your model to apply automatic lens correction, only the following lenses are supported:

DJI FC6310
DJI Mavic Air FC2103
DJI Mavic Pro FC220
DJI Phantom 3 Pro FC300X
DJI Phantom Vision FC200

I have also checked the LensFun site, as certain lenses can exist in their database and not yet be supported in Affinity, however unfortunately there are no further lenses added here currently.

We certainly hope that LensFun will add support for this lens in a future update - in the meantime I have found that the 'FC220 & Compatibles' lens option in the Develop Persona provides the closest matching results for your RAW file.

I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

Many thanks!

6 hours ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for the RAW file provided! I have looked into this further and found the following -

The SerifLABs RAW engine has recently added support for this RAW file, so that we can open and develop them correctly - however LensFun (which Affinity Photo uses as the database for lens correction) doesn't yet have support for your model to apply automatic lens correction, only the following lenses are supported:

DJI FC6310
DJI Mavic Air FC2103
DJI Mavic Pro FC220
DJI Phantom 3 Pro FC300X
DJI Phantom Vision FC200

I have also checked the LensFun site, as certain lenses can exist in their database and not yet be supported in Affinity, however unfortunately there are no further lenses added here currently.

We certainly hope that LensFun will add support for this lens in a future update - in the meantime I have found that the 'FC220 & Compatibles' lens option in the Develop Persona provides the closest matching results for your RAW file.

I hope this clears things up!

So if I'm understanding correctly, the LensFun database being updated will add the profile to Affinity Photo automatically, or will I have to wait for yet ANOTHER update?

is there any way to extract the profile from a DNG and add it to Affinity Photo manually?? I see a profiles folder that's sitting empty currently.

• Staff
16 hours ago, MortTheAerialGuy said:

So if I'm understanding correctly, the LensFun database being updated will add the profile to Affinity Photo automatically, or will I have to wait for yet ANOTHER update?

Once LensFun add support for this lens, you have 2 options - you can manually install the Lens profile by downloading an .XML from the LensFun database, or you can wait for Affinity to be updated to include this lens support.

16 hours ago, MortTheAerialGuy said:

is there any way to extract the profile from a DNG and add it to Affinity Photo manually?? I see a profiles folder that's sitting empty currently.

Unfortunately we don't support any form of 'extracting' lens profiles from RAW files, my apologies. The folder you're referring to is for the aforementioned .XML documents.

As mentioned, we recommend Lensfun as the trusted source for these .XML files, however you may be able to find other websites or databases that provide Lens correction for your drone, in the form of an .XML file. You would then be able to download this file and install it for use in Affinity, but as other sites remain untested internally we cannot guarantee this, so we use the Lensfun as a 'master' list.

To find out more about installing these .XML lens profiles in Affinity, please see the following tutorial - https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/330446061/

Please note -

Many thanks!