You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free transform

36 minutes ago, abra100pro said:

My number on feature request is free transform of any element

Hello @abra100pro,

maybe you should better joint this (newer) thread of seven pages...

... that itselfs refers to another (older) thread on the topic of five pages 😉

The good news is, this has been discussed over and over. The bad news is it is not implemented yet.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

2 hours ago, abra100pro said:

the same question or problem being asked multiple times

It helps to first search before posting. Even though the search does not give too good results unless you have a degree in 'correct search terms' 😉

But what other way of feedback would work better? Here are a lot of people and they are used - and even are invited - to speak freely. You can call it a mess ... or you can call it a resource.

Cheers 🙂
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

On 10/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, dominik said:

It helps to first search before posting.

As stated in the forum rules.

Screenshot_2020-10-14-20-36-34.thumb.png.7d3c7395e62c607db4728f734af7476e.png

Screenshot_2020-10-14-20-39-48.thumb.png.8f1fae099a77253c309a654cd8ee0bf0.png

On 10/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, dominik said:

Even though the search does not give too good results unless you have a degree in 'correct search terms'

Searching for the term "Free transform" does not require any HighTech skills 🙂

https://www.google.com/search?q=Free+transform+request+site%3Aforum.affinity.serif.com

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

6 hours ago, Pšenda said:

This particular search is certainly one of the easier ones. But from my own experience I know that it is not always that simple. Especially if you are not quite sure about the right terminology. This applies not only to this forum but to searches on the internet in general.

Often I start out with a vague wording of what I am looking for. Once I find a specific term I repeat the search and this often gives me good results.

But, now, back to topic 🙂
d.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

On 10/17/2020 at 12:41 AM, Pšenda said:

As stated in the forum rules.

Screenshot_2020-10-14-20-36-34.thumb.png.7d3c7395e62c607db4728f734af7476e.png

Screenshot_2020-10-14-20-39-48.thumb.png.8f1fae099a77253c309a654cd8ee0bf0.png

https://www.google.com/search?q=Free+transform+request+site%3Aforum.affinity.serif.com

You're right. No rocket science. However - many of the issues can be defined so differently that it is hard to find them. I call it "free transform", you may call it "perspective deformation", another one "3D distortion".... endless...

However: we can shorten this: it is as it is, let's work with it! Give my best to guess the right topic.

I don’t need a forum police. I need free transform, distort, envelope distort. Whatever it is called, we need it.

A lot - LOT - of posts are created and replied to by active or potential (!!!) Serif customers because the feature is extremely missed, needed and anticipated. 

CREATE. Don’t patrol.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

33 minutes ago, abra100pro said:

I call it "free transform"

I call it an everyday basic vector functionality

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

1 hour ago, Jowday said:

I don’t need a forum police.

If you are knowingly breaking the rules, then evidently you do.

In this case, however, the OP added the thread because he evidently couldn't find the original posts on this.  That's a different matter.

+1 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

I also want this feature. (Though can this not be [mostly] achieved with the perspective tool? Free transform/Distort is nothing more than just adding 1 and 2 point perspective)

As for the second point raised in this discussion... we should make better use of tags when we open a discussion. This will group associated post topics together and make future searches easier and more relevant.

1 hour ago, mink said:

As much as I love Affinity and – using the suite for 3 years now – I am happy to see a "Swiss Army Knife"-like vector app arising: http://vectorstyler.com with a small but very responsive forum. Maybe the Affinity-team consider a collab somehow with them so VectorStyler can be seen as a to go tool for vector transformation and Designer stays the hub to combine those elements as a bridge to Publisher / Photo.

I think the Affinity user interface in the cream of the crop for me, and studio link is incredible, but so frustrating that Designer hardly gets any love for vector based users (select same is the addition of the year or maybe two years in the latest beta) - just imagine if Designer had support for plugins and Vectorstyler built a plugin that included all it's brilliant vector tools, including it's ability to flit around (even when doing complex vector distortions) super quick with an instant screen refresh from within designer -MINT!- especially if it could be incorporated in similar way to ASTUTE plugins with illustrator, so you just had access to every vector tool you need directly from Designer - no subscription - one off purchase with updates then purchase to upgrade - 

Sorry - got a bit carried away

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk