You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.9.0.791] Hardware acceleration Windows message

Beta 1.9.0.791

I don't have a graphic card, only Intel HD Graphics 4600 (i3-4000M CPU), but out of interest thought I'd see if I could squeeze a bit more performance out of this old laptop.

Not sure if this is expected but this is the message I received from Windows notification panel just before beta stopped working.

message.png

v2.4.0 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.3.1

19 minutes ago, Jonopen said:

Beta 1.9.0.791

I don't have a graphic card, only Intel HD Graphics 4600 (i3-4000M CPU), but out of interest thought I'd see if I could squeeze a bit more performance out of this old laptop.

Not sure if this is expected but this is the message I received from Windows notification panel just before beta stopped working.

message.png

First time I've seen that message. Seems like you can get that when your driver is in a bad way. I had a quick internet search and this was the top result:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/application-blocked-accessing-graphics-hardware

Thanks for the link.

Windows is reporting the graphics driver is up to date and working correctly but I may try investigate a bit further.

Do you think using the new OpenCL acceleration option will actually make much difference with these type of ‘built in’ graphics chips or is it really aimed at dedicated graphics cards?

v2.4.0 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.3.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.