You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.8.6 iPad Pro History missing from document

Hello

So I am new to working on the iPad and am now using it exclusively to edit my photos using Affinity Photo and really loving the workflow.  While working on some images I noticed a issue while not significant as far as I understand it should not happen.  My current workflow is to put my raw files in iCloud, import from cloud develop and do my edits in affinity.  When done go back to the Home Screen and save the file which also is set to go to iCloud.  At this point everything is fine.  At this point everything is saved to the cloud and I closed the files from the Home Screen.  I needed to do a export so I opened the files back up using Open from Cloud.  At this point I noticed the history was missing from the history list.

Is this the intended way for it to behave?

I was under the assumption from what I seen in videos that the iPad always saves history.  I mean it is not a breaking issue if it is a issue photoshop never saved my history when I was on a desktop and all of my edits are still there.  Also I work very non destructively.

So if this is intended behavior which I am assuming it probably is as I found no posts about this in the past is there a way if I want in the future to ensure history is saved to the files?

• Staff

Hi Blj and Welcome to the Forums,

This is intended behaviour.  To save a file with History on iPad, you need to open that project in Affinity and then tap on the Document menu in the top left and select Save A Copy, the next screen that comes up has an option to Save With History, enable this and then you can pick where you want to save that file to.  If you then open that on the Desktop version, you'll have the History present :)