You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, it is new for me to check colors exact and I know nothing about it and do not understand the menue in the settings. The colors in Capture one and publisher you see in the pic are a little bit different. C1 makes more bright, not so dark. May be in the included pic it is not so clear to see as on my screen (my eyes are not so good). What ever I tried in changing colors I see no difference. Is there some help here or a book (german)? Where is the Affinity Publisher BOOK? All pics runs with AdobeRGB-98. Thanks, lars

Bildschirmfoto_2020-10-14_um_10_15_41.thumb.png.4f5ac5263399e75cbc674da55523bda9.png

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

• Staff

Hi @larsh

Sorry to hear you're having trouble :)

The number one reason for colours appearing differently within the Affinity app from other programs is due to how we convert colours, from in document to on-screen, if you have a colour profile applied to your monitor.

Can you please confirm for me, through your Mac OS System Settings, do you have a profile other than the (Default) applied to your monitor, within display settings?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

8 hours ago, larsh said:

Hi, it is new for me to check colors exact and I know nothing about it and do not understand the menue in the settings. The colors in Capture one and publisher you see in the pic are a little bit different. C1 makes more bright, not so dark. May be in the included pic it is not so clear to see as on my screen (my eyes are not so good). What ever I tried in changing colors I see no difference. Is there some help here or a book (german)? Where is the Affinity Publisher BOOK? All pics runs with AdobeRGB-98. Thanks, lars

Bildschirmfoto_2020-10-14_um_10_15_41.thumb.png.4f5ac5263399e75cbc674da55523bda9.png

The colours are the same and the image in the Affinity window only seems darker because it is surrounded by so much white.

On 10/14/2020 at 4:47 PM, Dan C said:

Mac OS System

On 10/14/2020 at 6:47 PM, anon2 said:

colours are the same

Thanks for help!

Hi, I think the screen icc is the original mac: Farb-LCD_D65_201810061637.icc (I´m not able to act with the calibration in the mac; and the hardware calibration /x-rite/ was not so good as the mac; I only work for myself; I know about sRGB, what shall be better as Adobe(1998) and CMYC printing, what makes big files which blurb not will accept).

My setting is Adobe(1998) in the camera, in Capt. One (C1-20) and in *.afpub and even in print (Blurb.de). The colors may be not very very the same in the print but they are good.

May be the colors in the prints are more C1 than in the *.afpub. It is not a importend problem for me but it was fine to see in the same MacBook the same colors in both, C1 and Publisher.

Ja, I think in this forum it is as anon2 says it. But on my screen it is a little more difference, may be darker only, but not only about the white frame. My stills are often dark or with dark background and I see less details in *.afpub. But may be the problem is the bright screen in C1...  Reg. lars

As @anon2 states, the colors measure the same, if one takes the screenshot image and places color sampler points on both of the images.  This is how color management should work.  If you intend to print the images that you lay out (with Blurb, etc.) then soft-proofing and checking the gamut of your images with an ICC profile for the print device is also a tool you can use to ensure that your printed output resembles your images on-screen within the limits of the print device.

You might want to unify your viewing conditions across your applications (make the background color of the workspace the same) and see if this alleviates the change in perception of the image brightness when switching between applications.

Kirk

59 minutes ago, kirkt said:

unify your viewing conditions

Thanks, in former times Blurb gave an own *.icc. But now their printers, as others, work with Adobe(98) (or sRGB) and that works ok for me.

My problem or better interest is: why shows the screen of the macbook in one line different bright-dark. The JPG out from C1 have no difference if they will import again. But this JPG are shown darker in Afpub in the dark parts. A kind of black in C1 RGB 22 in Afpub is RGB 18 (≈ 20%). Bright colors are equal with the Digital Color Meter (Mac).

OK, I see it is as it is. Thanks to all. lars