You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

improvement suggestions and/or questions for aphoto

Dear Sirs and Madams,

(sorry for my bad english)

first: aphoto and adesigner are both very very cool and useful programs.  :D
it was a very short time to converse my habituation from indesign to adesigner. (meanwhile i rather use adesigner)

your video-tutorials was very helpful but in aphoto i must learn still some things, 
so i am sorry when following suggestions or questions are unnecessarily:

1. shortcuts in non-english keybord-layouts
thats a big problem for german users because the user operability suffers some time.
especially the „[" and „]“ keys are not reachable in german keyboard layouts.
is there an (usable) way or for german users without changing the whole keyboard layout?
(that would be in conflicts with shortcuts in other programs)

2.  if using quickmask, the brush color must be set to „white“ to remove desired areas in the red „invertmask".
but if i set the brush color to „black“ his functionality is opposite - like an eraser.
thats very cool - so i dont need to set the eraser size seperately - only switch from white to black.
but it is a bug or a feature?
(i have not seen that in the tutorials)

3. is there a shortcut in quickmask (like „alt“) to switch from „mask“ to „demask“ function?

4. there a many different brushes in aphoto but most as an „circle“.
sometimes i wish there would be some brushes with „sharper“ forms to better paint ore refine masks.
maybe like an „triangle“ that can be rotated and changed like desired to work better in sharp edges.

5. i wish the cropping tool would be have a "preview“ function for blend out the unselected (cropped) areas.
maybe switchable in the colors black, white or (selectable) gray.
so it would be better to estimate the cropping result bevor pressing the „apply“ button.
(wysiwyg style)

6. a more consistently way to crop "lossless" - without loosing the cropped areas after pressing "apply".
the crop tool could maybe be ask on pressing "apply" what to to:
"crop finally - and loosing the cropped pixels" or "crop with mask - without losing the cropped pixels".

7. a better indication which tools will act "reversible" or in "finally". (parallel or serial processing)
at the moment this distinction is "from where" the tool is selected - from the "layers" or the "filters" menu. 
and - to find a needed filter the user must be click around in different menus.
i think ALL filter should be storaged in ONE place (one menu) with a special sign (or a submenu) if the filter is availble for act in parallel and/or serial processing.

best regards,
yummiweb