You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Beta is crashing too frequently. [1.9.0.796]

Too many crashes for me to get any work done with this beta, I have no clue as to why this is happening. I cleared everything and it still crashes. Metal on Metal off makes no difference. No recipe seems to make it crash or not. 

I cannot work like this.

Publisher crashes.zip

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

@Old Bruce Looks like all these relate to the text style panel, which we've found some regressions with.

This should be fixed in the next beta you receive, but if you hold CTRL and run the app up, and try keep away from the text style panel for now, it should be stable enough.

Let me know if you still get this during the next beta

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

2 hours ago, Jon P said:

try keep away from the text style panel for now, it should be stable enough.

You are joking.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

• Staff

I'm not joking, just advising of the regression so you can try avoid it until we get the next beta out that should have it fixed. I think as long as its not floating or in separated mode it should be alright.

If you still get these crashes in the next beta let us know.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi @Jon P,

I realize you were not joking but I cannot get any work done without using the text styles so no more testing of this build until the next one is out. I also want to report this occurrence after following the advice from AdamW in the announcement thread regarding Reset Studio.

"

Tried this and crashed as soon as I clicked on Reset Studio. What is odd is that I crashed twice, but I have 12 (twelve ! ) console crash reports all at the same time.

"

publisher beta crashes.zip

Seems weird that I am having all these hassles and other people are getting work done. Makes me wonder if there is something with my set up but I rarely, if ever, have problems that no one else reports. Looking forward to the next build.

9 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

What is odd is that I crashed twice, but I have 12 (twelve ! ) console crash reports all at the same time.

Just a tiny note: the 12 crash reports aren't from "the same time". Their file names tell their date, hour, minute and second. They are from 2 days at different hours – but indeed odd: there are 4 reports within only 1 minute (Tue 0ct 13, 12:48 –12:49 h).

10 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Makes me wonder if there is something with my set up

Do you notice issues in Affinity only or in other apps, too? – For Affinity a vague idea: your Mac Pro 6,1 seems to have various additional devices connected, e.g. besides the internal Apple SSD a couple of hard disks (LaCie, Seagate) via USB hub or Firewire adapter. In case you use them for Affinity files you could try the SSD instead just to avoid reported issues with external volumes.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.