You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello! I'm on Publisher 1.8.4 on OS 10.15.7.

First, I must say I love the Preflight checker for Publisher! It saves me so much time, and is miles beyond what I was able to do with Adobe InDesign. Especially some of the things you can hit the 'fix' button and move on. Such a time-saver!

However, one of the things I struggle with in the Preflight check is when I double-click on an error to take me to that error. With larger text frames, it becomes difficult to pinpoint where this character error is (such as 'straight quotes used') when it highlights a text frame with thousands of characters but only the error is in gray. One character, highlighted in gray!

I cannot find a way to adjust the color Preflight uses to highlight these errors, but it would be lovely if you could control this color to easily spot that one errant straight quote that needs to be fixed. I know this seems like a really minor request, but it would make that last file check before sending to the printer so much easier. Thanks!

• 3 years later...

I second this request from three years ago. It would be very helpful to have more obvious highlighting in preflight warnings for Text Patterns. Perhaps most people don't use that feature of Preflight given that Text Patterns options are all turned off by default.

I'm surprised this is the only mention I can find of it in the forums. Surely people are trying to find extra spaces, multiple spaces,  and straight quotes when text is pasted from elsewhere. It's especially difficult to find the very thin highlight for straight quotes in a large text frame.

Or have I missed something obvious?

Affinity Photo 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

I agree, it often takes a long time to find some of these due to the highlight colour. An annoying shade cyan or yellow would be more useful.

But you'd be better off asking in the v2 suggestions forum to get attention on this issue:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/122-feedback-for-the-affinity-v2-suite-of-products/

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Thanks for catching this. I entered this thread from a Duck Duck Go search and never noticed I was in an archived forum. I did post a new request (referring back to this one) in the Affinity 2 forums as you already know because you posted there also.

See

Affinity Photo 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060