You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] Ɨ

Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.0.796 - Data Merge crash

19 minutes ago, Murfee said:

Data merge was a very short lived test

I have just tested it and it works for me.

I had to reset Publisher to make it actually start on my computer.

Regards

2017 27ā€ iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 ā€¢ Radeon Pr 580 8GB ā€¢ 64GB ā€¢ Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) ā€¢ 256GB ā€¢ Version 16.4

21 minutes ago, Jon P said:

@MurfeeĀ Can you attach the xlsx file?

Thanks

Hi John, I can't upload the original xslx that I tried...too confidentialĀ šŸ˜€

I have attached a very simple one, this doesn't crash Publisher but the first column with the Months doesn't pull through, it just shows 0000.

The original file I tried was full of formulas that might have got confused during the export to Excel... not the best file to test withĀ šŸ˜€

Simple Testing 2 Data Merge for Publisher 1.9.xlsx

Ā 

• Staff

I'll look into that month missing, but I'm keen to reproduce this crash (even if it has formulas or things we don't support, we should never just crash!)

If you use this link to upload the file it will remain confidential and only used internally for testing.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

3 minutes ago, Jon P said:

I'll look into that month missing, but I'm keen to reproduce this crash (even if it has formulas or things we don't support, we should never just crash!)

If you use this link to upload the file it will remain confidential and only used internally for testing.

Uploaded, thanks

1 hour ago, Murfee said:

Is there a reason that the Mac version can not import Numbers or Pages documents?Ā 

Yes, those areĀ proprietary file formats which are not publicly documented and change from release to release so they would be a moving target of reverse-engineering that is not likely worth Serif's time to unravel.

• Staff

Ā have attached a very simple one, this doesn't crash Publisher but the first column with the Months doesn't pull through, it just shows 0000.

It's because we don't understand the date formatting used, you get similar behavior if you place it - I'll pass this on

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

6 hours ago, Jon P said:

Thanks for the file, I've logged that crash, seems to be caused by the EDATE formula. If I remove those it's fine

Thanks Jon, I have been using CSV exported from Numbers and it is working well, I just need to remember to replace the original file when I update anything and all is good. The translation to Excel can be difficult sometimes due to the difference in functions, it should just replace a formula with values but it doesn't always.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.