You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changes in a text frame result in further input not being processed.

Hello,
with a more complex document (62 pages) I have a kind of program crash. It doesn't crash the whole program, but a small text change (deleting a page break marker) in a text frame makes further inputs/changes impossible. The cursor flashes but does not react anymore. It is also no longer possible to save the file.
The error can be reproduced on different devices.

Can I send the file (to the Support/DevTeam) without it being public?

A solution of the problem would help us a lot.
Many thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, Gabe said:

Hi @MartinB78

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Here's a link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/XuL3MIN2bvtOvh7oGihc

Hello Gabe,

Thank you very much for responding to my question.

Unfortunately I can't upload the file, because the upload aborts after about 10%. Is there a size limit for the upload? The Publisher file is 12 MB in size.

After many tries the upload worked.

Edited by MartinB78

5 hours ago, Gabe said:

Does it matter which marker you delete? I can't seem to replicate it here. I'm also missing BUFA_lo resource. Can you please upload it too?

Hello Gabe,

on page 6 is a page break marker, replace it with a normal line break and directly on the next page is another page break after "Muskelpumpe", replace it also with a normal break.
A short moment later the input into the text frame does not react anymore.
I can replicate the problem on 3 different Windows 10 Pro systems (4 GB notebook, 8 and 16 GB desktop PCs). Windows and Publisher run as German version.

I am currently working from home and unfortunately I don't have the missing file/resource here either, but the resource has no noticeable influence on the problem.

Many thanks in advance.

- Martin

Hello Gabe,

Sorry, I thought there was a page break at the end of page 6, but it is just a normal line break.
I have uploaded a screen recording. After deleting the page break on page 7, I can click into the text frame once more, but after that it is not possible to enter text. Also the cursor cannot be moved anymore. In the recording you can see how I try to change the position of the cursor by double clicking.

Many thanks in advance.

- Martin

• 2 weeks later...