You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, So I recently bought affinity publisher and designer, mostly been working with publisher so far. I'm having trouble with the Duplicate selection, I was watching a tutorial on Youtube about using the pen tool to make lines. Well I'm trying to make a lined notebook page, and I'm not able to copy and duplicate those lines to space evenly as if it would in InDesign. Like how it memorizes the amount of space you set for it it to be spaced when duplicating the next line and so forth. I've tried the shortcut key Ctrl+J and it's not copying nor appearing as in the tutorial in the video.

Here's the link of the tutorial, my problem starts at 4:50 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rTAHp2n0iY

Also is there any other way for this to work for other objects in affinity publisher aside from making lines but having shapes space evenly as well? I'm tired of doing this manually for each one.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums @watermeloncandy
Power Duplicate (CTRL+J) should work but it may not work if you have de-selected your layer before re-selecting and then duplicating. (The power part of the duplicate functionality is lost when your layer is deselected.)
Another technique to use for distributing layers is to use the Align & Distribute functionality, see attached video where I duplicate one line in place and then distribute.
There will probably be other/better ways to do this so keep popping back to see other suggestions.