You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Okay, I'm really frustrated here and can't find anything to help me.  

I have edited my photo and it looks great on affinity.  I export as JPEG, TIFF, PNG, literally I've tried all of them using a DPI of 300, ICC profile of sRGB, Quality 100.  I go to print it and it comes up BLURRY.  I've tried adjusting the DPI higher AND lower.  I've adjusted the Pixel size.  I swear I've tried everything and I"m ready to quit on affinity, because I edit these beautiful photos and NOTHING I do will make them clear when I go to print.  What am I doing wrong?!    

6.tiff

Is this TIFF the input or the output?

What is your source image? Are you starting from a RAW image file? What is your workflow i.e. the steps that you took to get to the blurry result?

First, try just importing the image and immediately exporting at 1:1 and then compare the results outside of Affinity. Does this show any difference?

DPI is unlikely to make any difference here. What you need to check are the absolute dimensions of your image in pixels. This image is 6024x4024 pixels. Depending on your answer to my first question, does this align with the source pixel dimensions or is it different?

Any scaling (or resampling) of the image, up or down, can sometimes make the result a little soft or blurry.

Have you tried printing to a PDF to see if you get the same result?

I'm a little puzzled as to why exporting to JPEG, TIFF and PNG is mentioned as you can print directly from within Affinity Photo, are you using another application to do the printing?