You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.9.0.3)

12 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You already have that, don't you, before the new changes?

Or is the Mac implementation different from Windows? We have View > Rotate Left and View > Rotate Right that can have keyboard shortcuts defined, and they operate in 15 degree increments.

Yes but I’m referring to doing it with the mouse

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff
15 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Same here, although it fired up the first time but wouldn't allow me to drag layers around in the layers panel, so quit, restarted, and now splash screen then quit:

"Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000038

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

Terminating Process:   exc handler [50865]

VM Regions Near 0x38:"

Designer 1.9.0.3 Crash log.rtf 90.72 kB · 1 download

7 hours ago, Cuando said:

@Dazmondo77 and @Cuando

Thank you both for your logs - this is why they're incredibly useful to us! I've now reproduced this crash on startup and it is being caused by the Text Styles Panel being 'visible' when you last closed the application.

If you do a Ctrl Run up and with the first 3 items ticked you should for now be able to access the application again (but don't close it with Text Styles Panel visible!). I'll get this passed on to development.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.