Crashes When Trying To Export Affinity Photo File to JPG

Hi,

I have been trying over and over again to export an Affinity Photo to JPG, but the program continues to crash on me. I will post a picture of the message I get.

I have an iMac that runs macOS Catalina 10.15.7, and I have Affinity Photo 1.8.4.

Process: I open Affinity Photo, and load a 3.77GB Affinity Photo file. I try to export it into a JPG to my desktop. From here it crashes, and I get a notice that says "Affinity Photo Quit Unexpectedly." It askes me if I want to "ignore," "report...", or "Reopen."

How do I fix this so I can do my work?

Thank You,

Jeron Parry

Screen_Shot_2020-10-11_at_11_08.09_PM.png

Also, maybe I should note that this photo was originally 8-10 photos edited first in Capture One, exported as Tiff files, merged and generated into a panorama using PTGui software, exported as a TIFF file, and then edited in Affinity Photo where I saved it as an afphoto file once I did my edits to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 2:07 AM, MEB said:

Hi @JeronP,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I suppose it's only that file that fails to export to JPG. Do you mind uploading it using this link for us to take a look  please? Thanks you.

Hi, I uploaded this file a while ago. Have you been able to gain any insight that could help me?

• Moderators

Hi @JeronP,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. I've inspected the file and i'm seeing the corruption on canvas (before exporting).
Did the image appear corrupted for you on canvas as well while you worked on it?
Do you mind uploading the TIFF file exported from PTGui  and the crash report (click the Report button on the crash dialog, then press Alt and drag the icon from the crash report title bar to the desktop to generate a copy of the crash report) using this link for us to inspect please?
Thank you.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi @JeronP,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. I've inspected the file and i'm seeing the corruption on canvas (before exporting).
Did the image appear corrupted for you on canvas as well while you worked on it?
Do you mind uploading the TIFF file exported from PTGui  and the crash report (click the Report button on the crash dialog, then press Alt and drag the icon from the crash report title bar to the desktop to generate a copy of the crash report) using this link for us to inspect please?
Thank you.

Well, now it is not crashing, so I cannot obtain a crash report, but every export has that distortion at the bottom of the picture. I also notice now that when I open the afphoto file of the picture, the first and second layers show the distortion in the preview, but the picture on the screen looks fine on the canvas.

• Moderators

Thanks for the TIFF file JeronP. No worries about the crash report. It's not crashing for me either but there's definitely corruption issues which is most likely what's causing the crash on export. I will check the TIFF and log/pass this to the dev team for further inspection. Thanks again for your support.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @JeronP,
Thank you.

I was able to upload the original TIFF file from PTGui.

• 2 weeks later...