You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Turn ‘show touches’ on and off within editing persona

I know that this is not the correct forum to insert this in but I have left this as a suggestion.  Not sure if these suggestions get a look but this is something that should be incorporated into the iPad AP.

As a matter of fact, there are some key settings that should be able to be turned off and on within the editing persona.  Please, before you move this out of this area, please take this suggestion into consideration as this is, in my opinion for what it is worth, a bug.  It may not crash things but it definitely interrupts the flow of work.

3 hours ago, p_mac said:

I know that this is not the correct forum to insert this in but I have left this as a suggestion.  Not sure if these suggestions get a look but this is something that should be incorporated into the iPad AP.

As a matter of fact, there are some key settings that should be able to be turned off and on within the editing persona.  Please, before you move this out of this area, please take this suggestion into consideration as this is, in my opinion for what it is worth, a bug.  It may not crash things but it definitely interrupts the flow of work.

Not sure why you would need this, generally I only use that when I want to do an explanation as a screen recording. It serves no other practical purpose so turning it on of off from preferences doesn’t seem like a hardship or have I missed something?

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

5 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

Not sure why you would need this, generally I only use that when I want to do an explanation as a screen recording. It serves no other practical purpose so turning it on of off from preferences doesn’t seem like a hardship or have I missed something?

Problem is that if you forget to turn it off and you open another image that may require some delicate, not even delicate work, there is this annoying blue dot and the only way to get rid of it is to close the image, open settings to turn it off and then reopen the image.  Or if you are working on something and you notice a problem, turn the screen record on to capture it, and you don't have the blue dot, there is always someone who complains that it would be easier to follow with the 'shows touches' on.  And yes that is so.  To me if the devs want to see the problems or bugs this should not be so difficult to turn on or off. There are lots of times where I could have used this but decide not to just because it is a pain so I let the app crash and send the info thru TestFlight.  

1 hour ago, p_mac said:

Problem is that if you forget to turn it off and you open another image that may require some delicate, not even delicate work, there is this annoying blue dot and the only way to get rid of it is to close the image, open settings to turn it off and then reopen the image.  Or if you are working on something and you notice a problem, turn the screen record on to capture it, and you don't have the blue dot, there is always someone who complains that it would be easier to follow with the 'shows touches' on.  And yes that is so.  To me if the devs want to see the problems or bugs this should not be so difficult to turn on or off. There are lots of times where I could have used this but decide not to just because it is a pain so I let the app crash and send the info thru TestFlight.  

Ah ok, I have just got used to it now, I forget it’s even there mostly. Well if they add that as an edit icon option I hope they add the Designer snapping Magnet icon too as I am always toggling snapping as I work and even though it’s in an edit menu it’s a pain too.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• Staff

Noted. 

Just to reassure you, I'm not sure why people think that the feature request section is a place for ideas to go and die. It's there for a reason and gets checked by the developers so it's always worth posting there, in its proper place.

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

Just to reassure you, I'm not sure why people think that the feature request section is a place for ideas to go and die. It's there for a reason and gets checked by the developers so it's always worth posting there, in its proper place.

I hear you and as I noted in my post, this is the wrong place.

May I therefore make a suggestion about the suggestions, we humans for some reason, like to know that we are being acknowledged.

Yes, I know that you, the devs and mods are really busy people, after all look at the awesome software that has been and continues to be produced.  But the community is also working with you to make these the best damn apps there ever was.

So a little acknowledgment that our suggestions are being read would mean the world to us, perhaps a special dev/mod emoji to show us that we are being taken seriously or just a pain in the butt. Some of the craziest ideas have become pretty revolutionary.

• just my opinion for what it worth. 😎

• Staff

I was essentially saying your idea has been acknowledged and recorded. It isn't my place to decide what is to be taken seriously or not—I can only feed-back what is reported by our customers to the developers. Whether they read it or move it into a priority queue is up to them, as you know.

16 hours ago, p_mac said:

But the community is also working with you to make these the best damn apps there ever was.

This is why we are where we are today :) Thank you.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.