You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stroke Recorder/ Screen Recorder

Does anyone know if there is a way to record your strokes on Affinity Designer for iPad (like what Procreate does). I desperately need this ability for a project. Screen recording isn't working because it records in real time so there's so much extra time recorded and also unwanted notifications etc. I need just the actions recorded without having to spend hours rewatching & editing the video for unwanted footage & dead time.

If anyone can share a way to do this on Affinity designer ipad I would be VERY grateful!

29 minutes ago, Callum said:

There is no tool built into Affinity Designer for this

Perhaps this thread could be moved to Feature Requests. I almost always just make do with trimming off the beginning and end of my screen recording, but a stroke recorder would be a huge help to anyone trying to provide a quick visual ‘how to’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I think like you do about this. I turn my drawings into videos with a screen recorder and post them on my Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/serdarduran). I have to Montage for hours before publishing. Notifications are particularly annoying. Sometimes the screen recording is interrupted without realizing it and my hours are wasted. I'm trying to find an alternative method. If you know, I will be glad if you share.

Good work.

I'm still waiting for this feature to be implemented, as it seems many of us are.  It would be the best Christmas gift ever if Affinity added this for us.  I think this feature was the main reason why Procreate became so huge.  For such a limited app (procreate) in comparison to Affinity Designer it has gained so much exposure due to people posting their videos on social media & youtube.  The ability to screen record our strokes would definitely be a dual bonus for both us as artists and Affinity as a company IMO.  But what do I know, lol 🤷‍♀️

Fingers crossed Affinity hears us! 🤞🤞🤞