You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The program close when I want to print

Kuis

Hi @Kuis Sorry to hear you are having this issue. I need a little more information:

1. What macOS are you using?
  2. What printer are you using and does it have the latest printer driver installed?
  3. Does this happen with all of your documents or is it restricted to a specific document?
  4. Are you able to export your documents as a PDF and print using Preview or Adobe Acrobat Reader?

Hi

1. macOS Catalina 10.15.4
2. Brother L120, and yes it has the last driver installed
3. Today I see the problem is only whit affinity and almost is happening in affinity photo and affinity publisher. 
4. Is the way I am working, export the file to PDF or JPG and print which vista previa o other app 

Thanks

Hi @Kuis Thanks for the extra info. Could I get you to try something for me please?

1. Go into the Notes app or TextEdit and type anything
  2. Select to Print > Presets > Show Presets > Tick the box to Reset Presets Menu to "Default Settings" After Printing
  3. Continue to print
  4. Now launch Affinity Designer > Open a document > Select Print
  5. If it hasn't crashed > Select printer settings manually and not "Last Used Settings" > Continue to print
  6. Select Print again > Untick the reset option listed above

Let me know how you get on with this. 👍

Hello,

I am also concerned with this issue: I tried to follow your procedure but don't get your two last points (5&6). I relaunched Affinity designer and tried to print again. It does crash yet.

What do you mean by "Select printer settings manually> continue to print ?

I am on iMac High Sierra version 10.13.6, my printer is HP MFP M177 fw

Thank you for your help !

Hi,

Thanks for your answer ! Sorry, I could not come back to it lately. In  fact,  it work ok up to point 4,  ( without the beginning of the procedure, AD crushes as soon as you clic on "Print". Now, the dialogue box "print" does open, but whatever the choice of the options, as soon as you write anything in the dialogue box, it cruches the program. Weird ...

• 3 weeks later...