You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LIVE FILTERS lag

evtonic3

Having Live Filters in my document is making my document come to a screeching halt when trying to do anything. Has this been already looked into? Is there some kind of way to get around not having live filters? Although I like the idea of have nondestructive filters but not if I can't work on the doc.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 3.15.10 PM.png

• Staff

Hi evtonic3.
This usually happens when you are using a large number of live filters in a project. One way to work around the issue is disabling (hidden) if possible the ones that are not relevant for the work/area you are doing/working in. If you really need them always active, you can duplicate and rasterise the layers/groups that have most live filters clipped/nested/active, keeping the rasterised/flattened version visible and hidden the original layer/groups with the live filters (in case you need to edit/change them later).

If you are experiencing lag with a relatively simple file or a particular layer/group there may be some issue with one (or more) of the filters (or a specific construct). In that case if you could provide the file for us to check it would help a lot. Thanks.