You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I tried twice last night to stitch a panorama.  The first time I used drag and drop to load the images (RAW), but on Stitch, AP crashed.

The next time I used the Photo Icon to load the images in, the same images as above, but on Stitch, AP crashed.

I then opened the latest release version of AP for iPad, and successfully created a panorama.

When the app crashed, I used the process of sending the information to serif.

Any ideas.  

I just made a panorama using 4 20MB RAW images (Panasonic) and it worked very well on my two iPads.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

On 10/10/2020 at 6:23 AM, AlainP said:

I just made a panorama using 4 20MB RAW images (Panasonic) and it worked very well on my two iPads.

I am assuming that your are using the beta 14.2 iPadOS, I am still using the released version.  

The following vid shows me trying to pano only 2 - 41mp Sony images, but it again crashed on Stitch.  I am using the 2018 iPad Pro 12.9”, 6g ram, 1T. I can stitch this easily on the released version of AP.  Do you think that this has something to do with iPadOS release version and the development of AP?  In other words, the problem gets fixed in the 14.2 beta.

Edited by p_mac

I have iPadOS 14.2 beta installed on both, so I cannot make any test with the release version of iPadOS. I made another panorama with my 6th gen iPad which has only 2 GB or RAM in August. At that time I'm quite sure I had installed the first beta of iPadOS 14 and it worked equally well. I'm sure RAM is not the problem.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

10 hours ago, Chris B said:

Would you mind dropping those images here for me please?

I uploaded two more images that crashed in the beta, but here is a vid that shows that it stitches in the release version.  This vid is the second time I ran it as I forgot to turn on show touches, and there is some strange anomalies.  First when it starts after hitting ok, there is this strange blank screen for a moment, then the length of time to develop is far greater then the first time I ran it.  I imagine this is because I did this in straight succession.  

Edited by p_mac
I think I had too much coffee. Spelling sucked

• Staff

Sorry, yes I crashed. I replied on the iPad but it did not submit—sorry to keep you wondering. 

Curiously, it looks as though Windows and macOS handle this. I can do both groups of two together or separately without issue on destop.

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

Sorry, yes I crashed. I replied on the iPad but it did not submit—sorry to keep you wondering. 

No worries.  Glad to know that it is crashing for you.  It doesn't seem to be a problem when running iPadOS beta according to the above comments.  

Yes I can stitch these images on my iMac as well still running the latest release version of macOS  and the AP beta. Curious 

Edited by p_mac

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.