You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestion for more document view controls

Hi all,

I'd love to have a simpler way to zoom around the canvas, I mean without having to switch to the zoom tool and then switch back. Since MMB is used for panning the document already, I thought ctrl+MMB would be nice. Krita does this (as well as shift+MMB to freely rotate the view) and it's great : it can be adjusted at any time, regardless of the active tool.

Cheers !

Hadrien

You can use the space bar + LMB to move the canvas and ctrl + wheel to zoom in and out. Also you can set keyboard shortcuts to rotate the canvas. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

21 hours ago, PaulEC said:

You can use the space bar + LMB to move the canvas and ctrl + wheel to zoom in and out.

Thanks, I have no problem panning with MMB but it's good to know there is another shortcut. Unfortunately I don't use a mouse so I don't have a wheel to zoom with, hence my request.

21 hours ago, PaulEC said:

Also you can set keyboard shortcuts to rotate the canvas. 

Thanks ! I just did ! Ability to freely rotate (ie not in increments) would be ideal but this is already very handy.

Cheers,

Hadrien

2 hours ago, Hadriscus said:

Ability to freely rotate (ie not in increments) would be ideal but this is already very handy.

You can currently do that with the trackpad on a Mac or with one of the newer Wacom tablets that supports touch gestures.