You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers pannel : missing information in the help ?

• Staff

Hi VUYE Daniel,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Their function is to expand the layers to show the objects/layers/groups contained inside, but they should appear on the left of the thumbnail, not on the right of the visibility checkbox.

Please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application, then press the Clear button from the dialog that will open.

Does it solve the issue?

Hello MED,   (Sorry for my english, I only speak french. Thanks to Google to the translating from french to english)

I thank you for your interest in my message and the promptness of your response.

This is what I wrote to Callun last day.

As you suggested, I reset Affinity Designer with CTRL. This did not change the problem.

So I did some tests with the hope to isolate the problem. I combined Affinity Photo, Affinity  Designer and two computers.

Here's what I observe.

1. The phenomenon occurs on only one computer.

2. It occurs with Affinity Photo as well as with Affinity Designer.

3. It occurs with every files.

4. The trigger seems a simple click.

5. Pass simply from Affinity to Mail and return to Affinity is enough to provoke him.

6. The saved files are not affected by the phenomenon.

The computer on which the phenomenon occurs is a eMac 27-inch under MAC 0S 10.8.5 in French.

The computer where everything works perfectly is a eMac 27-inch under Mac 0S 10.10.5 (YOSEMITE) in French.

Best regards.

• Staff

Thanks for the information @VUYE Daniel

This seems to be an issue specific to Mountain Lion OS. I can't reproduce it in Yosemite/El Capitan.

I don't have a machine with Mountain Lion available here (to test this myself) but i will raise it with the team so we can try to replicate and fix this.

Please bear with us while we look at it.

Hello MEB,

I too suspect a incompatibility with mac OS10.8.

Tomorrow, we will test affinity designer in english. There is perhaps a bug in the french version but not in english.

Thank you for your last advise.

Best regards,

Daniel VUYE

Hello MEB,

As announced yesterday, we did tests in English rather than French. The mysterious problem is still there.

I must admit that Photo and Designer will not run on this computer.

So I propose to close this topic.

Thank you, MEB, for your interest in my problem.

Regards,

Daniel VUYE

post-16965-0-59413900-1440598684_thumb.png