You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does affinity has tiling feature like in Adobe Animate or Krita?

The feature I am asking about is wrap around mode in Krita. Example :

In Animate : Check the last gif for example.

I want to make nice looking tiles in affinty designer. As long i can make that I am willing to switch to affinity. All I want is nice fast workflow for making 2D game art in affinity. I have attached some references of what i want to do.

https://www.gamedevmarket.net/asset/jungle-tile-set/
As advertised in the affinity designer page here. The artwork they shown is from a game too.
https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/designer/

affinity vector+raster.jpg

how_2_do_this_in_affinity.gif

If I understand your request in the first video correctly, then I can recommend tutorials of the forum user @Mensch Mesch, which he offers on his Youtube channel:

I also have bookmarked this tutorial:

I hope this is of any help for you.

Affinity Photo V2.3.0 | Affinity Designer V2.3.0 | Affinity Publisher V2.3.0

Mac Studio M2 Ultra | 128 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.6 | EIZO CS2740 4K UHD
MacBook Pro Retina, 15", Mitte 2015 | 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 512 GB SSD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6

Sorry this is not the thing i want to do. Check the pyxel edit or adobe animate. Or this video in krita called wrap around.

The thing you showed i can do t hat adobe illustrator already.

I am making the tiles and putting shading and all that. Trying to make it as natural i can. Does affinity have tools like this?

Thanks for replying and i appreciate the help.

• 6 months later...

I have created a document that will print over four pages. The document is a Template for painting a Pinball machine: I will trace the lines onto Frisket.

I have Print properties: Paper Size A4, Document Layout/Model:Tiled and that works with landscape or Portrait. Simple but hard to learn as I can find no information in the Affinity Designer Help.

I hope that is helpful?

Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 12.27.07.png