You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pixel Persona Pressure Sensitivity Cancellation

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but I have been dealing with the pressure sensitivity cancellation issue with Pixel Persona for Paint Brush Tool. 

What exactly happens is that when I'm drawing with paint brush tool on pixel persona using my pen tablet, the pressure sensitivity works just fine until I use other tools. For example, drawing with paint brush tool --> use erase brush tool to erase --> come back to paint brush tool = this cancels the pressure sensitivity and all the lines I draw becomes the hardest. This happens usually when I use a different tool in between my drawing. I was just using one of the selection tools and revisit paint brush tool then pressure got messed up. 

In order to fix it, I have to find the brush I was using before using erase brush tool/other tools and select it again. This never happens to Affinity Photo, so I am not sure what is causing this bug but I'd appreciate if this gets fixed or anyone knows how to fix this problem. It can slow down my process quite a bit.

Thanks.

Check the option you have set for Brush Tool sharing in Assistant Manager.

Change it to No sharing between tools and see if that makes a difference

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

6 hours ago, Sarge said:

This never happens to Affinity Photo

I would...

Check all settings in Assistant Manager in APhoto and set (where possible) the same in Designer

Also, (assuming you are using the same brush) check brush settings in APhoto using the More button (in context toolbar) and compare with the same brush in Designer

Also, (if using a Tablet) check in Edit > Preference > Tools that the setting for Tablet Input Method is the same

Also, try switching the Force Pressure button to on (in the context toolbar, next to the More button) to see if this bypasses the problem

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

7 hours ago, Sarge said:

this cancels the pressure sensitivity and all the lines I draw becomes the hardest

Just checking this is not a Wet Edges problem rather than pressure.

I believe Macs have an inbuilt screen recorder. If so, can you make a (full screen) video showing the problem as sometimes that can highlight what the problem is

Yup, Wet Edges has caused many "problems" on the forums, because different brushes can switch it on or off unexpectedly, especially so when changing tools and then changing back to the other tool

Watch out for that one 😉