You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In Affinity Photo (as in Photoshop), I find that my prints are darker than I want despite screen and printer profiling as well as having a correct profile for my paper/printer combination (Fotospeed PF Lustre 275 plus Epson R3000).

Of course, I realise that my print will never be exactly equivalent to what I see on the screen due to the different types of light involved.

However, in Photoshop I had a nice Action which was called "Lighten for Printing" which basically  brightened up the printed image and reduced the gap between the brightness of screen and printed image.

Happily this works equally well in Affinity by:

1 Layer - New Layer from Snapshot

2 Set mode to Screen

3 Set Layer Opacity to desired percentage for Lightening e.g. 10%, 20% or whatever.

However whereas this is a one click running of a stored action in Photoshop, in Affinity by the above method it is a bit more trouble.

Does Affinity have any equivalent to Actions or might this be in the pipeline for the future?

By the way, I could not be more pleased with the switch from Photoshop to Affinity Photo. It is a pleasure to use an application which has been designed from the ground up for Photographers. Please would the whole Affinity team take a bow?

Best wishes,

Bail

• Staff

Hi Bail,

Our equivalent to Actions (Macros) will be coming to a future update of Affinity Photo.  They are on our Roadmap here

So at the moment you would need to carry out the steps above.

Really pleased you are enjoying the Affinity Photo, i'll pass your comments onto the rest of the Affinity Team as it's always nice to hear good feedback :)