You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thanks for the input. Is it the shades of grey/green that I have used? Tried to match them exactly. The dark grey/green upper surface and light grey under surface pattern was introduced into general RAF Fighter Command use in mid-May 1942 replacing the old dark earth/green upper surfaces and light blue/white undersurfaces from the 1940 scheme. The Spitfire in question was delivered to 332 Squadron on 8th April from  603 Squadron and will almost certainly have been resprayed in the new camouflage scheea by the time it was shot down in August 1942. Thanks.

The colours you have used come over as vibrant, I would suggest that you go to a plastic kit modeling site and use your Affinity´s color picker to get the exact RGB values.

At least that is how I do it when I´m not sure.

Looking good, really good, now get the roundel right and it´s perfect. Methinks you are going for the Type one roundel and I have it from outwards in R252 G196 B11 give or take two points. Second ring R1 G21 B77. White is never white in reality but I have this as R255 G255 B255 and the red: R152 G29 B31. Your colour picker should register almost if not totally identical values.

unnamed.jpg

5 minutes ago, Slammer said:

Looking good, really good, now get the roundel right and it´s perfect.

Shouldn’t the tail have the same shades of red and blue as the roundel? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)