You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It looks as though the plugin will only work with Adobe Photoshop, but it might be worth contacting Mario Olvera, the developer/creator, to see if he can give you a trial licence. Alternatively, wait for Composite Nation to release a standalone version.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Ah, thought that might be the case. Anyway thanks for response. I had already contacted the creator today and am waiting for a response. Is this something Affinity are likely to consider supporting at some point in order to expand AP’s creativity, be it all most of the effects can be achieved manually, just that I’d rather make life easier and quicker for myself where possible.

Just curious MEB, in what way does Affinity Photo not support custom UI panels? What’s different from say Filterforge, ON1 Photo Raw and DxO Nik collection, all of which have their own unique UI’s which work with Photo.

• Staff

Hi Raymondo,
By custom UI, I meant panels/funtions integrated into Photoshop's interface (like native Photoshop panels) to expose features/controls, run commands etc. The plugins you mention (Nik Collection, Photo RAW etc) all have an independent window/interface on their own. Actually Nik Collection does have a deeper integration in Photoshop - for example the Nik Selective Tool or the Merge to HDR Efex Pro 2 command in the Filter > Automate menu (in Photoshop) but neither of these are supported/work in Affinity Photo. The Perspective Efex also doesn't work in Affinity Photo for similar reasons. Overall any plugin that rely on automation, custom UI, provide additional file support (export filters etc) are not supported in Affinity Photo, only basic image filters.