You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Space between heading and 1st paragraph

Hi all, 

I am struggling to find a solution for this and its probably very obvious which makes it more frustrating. There's too much space between my heading and the first paragraph. I've checked my heading text style and the first paragraph text style--the space before and space after values are set to '0.'  I know it has something to do with the first letter in the paragraph because when I delete it, the spacing issue resolves. But I want that first letter there just the way it is. I just want to lessen the space between it and the heading. Any solutions?  

1837586754_ScreenShot2020-10-07at8_26_16PM.png.ca2d150bd2d3379d88e4c153cf6e9f54.png

Thank you for reading.

At a guess, it might be the Leading Override in the Character Panel.

2044822029_Screenshot2020-10-08at07_05_44.png.1f3f72542be5e447d12a31fee1722c20.png

But without sight of your character and paragraph settings it's difficult to tell.

Cheers, H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

14 minutes ago, h_d said:

At a guess, it might be the Leading Override in the Character Panel.

Good guess. Forgot that one. Starting with APu I often went into the pitfall of "Leading Override". Right now I attached an adhesive label over the place of "Leading Override" to avoid possible confusion. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

It could also be related to the Baseline Grid, I think.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1