You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi nicoppc,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can transform objects/layers in Affinity Photo directly using the Move tool. Select the object, then mouse over the bounding box control handles and you should see the cursor change to a rotate, scale, skew icon depending on the control you are mouse hovering (middle or corners). Just click and drag to perform those operations.

To transform selections, enter in Quick Mask mode (or press Q), change to the Move tool and again use the bounding box controls to transform the selection, then press Q again to quit Mask mode.

• 1 month later...

lucid_one,

Welcome to the forums. You can do everything in darkwark's example already in Designer using the Node tool. I do think that this would be a nice addition to Designer's tool set but I wouldn't call it essential. Keep in mind that Designer and Photo are both still very early in the development cycle and they are both developing quickly. The developers are adding and improving the programs very quickly. Both Designer and Photo are great apps and I think if you give them a chance you will be surprised at how powerful and intuitive they are. They are most definitely not a waste of money. Some side advice, if you think that this feature would be a worthy addition, make an argument for it. The developers are very active on the forums and they do listen to users but comments like "Feel like I've wasted my money buying both Affinity Designer and Photo" don't really help your case. 

Hokusai

To reiterate my stance on the node tool from last year:

While the functionality of the node tool is great I think it is an unneccessary difficulty and source of superfluous mouse clicks to not use the selection tool for selecting (and then manipulating) individual nodes of non-grouped elements.

Matthias

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I canot skew or do perspective transformtion. I am stuck to scale and rotate.

Affinty: what about right click -> transform modus ?

in PS, it is pretty intuitive, in Affinity, I can still not do any geometry correction..

--
Nicolas DET
Fotografie
Les gens sont la clef

Event, Porträt, People, Hochzeit, ... Live
http://www.nicolas-det.eu

https://www.instagram.com/nicolas_det_fotografie/

• 1 month later...

You can transform objects/layers in Affinity Photo directly using the Move tool. Select the object, then mouse over the bounding box control handles and you should see the cursor change to a rotate, scale, skew icon depending on the control you are mouse hovering (middle or corners). Just click and drag to perform those operations.

The only difference I have between the four corner dots and the four dots in the middle of the sides is that the corner ones allow me to rotate. The "middle" ones only allow me to stretch/shrink in that direction (no skew ability). Maybe I'm doing it wrong? The double-arrow that appears when hovering over a middle dot are normal/perpendicular to the side; should be be parallel to it in order to get it to skew?

(Perhaps I should mention that I'm trying this in Photo, not Designer. I often have to adjust the tilt of pictures I take with my iPad because of that annoyingly off-center camera it has.)

DashingDave,

You can skew objects and layers using Photo just as MEB described. I don't believe that you can skew (or even transform) a Background layer though. Are you trying to skew a background layer? You are right, the double skew arrows appear in the middle of an object (like my attached image). I hope that you are able to get it sorted. 

Hokusai

post-3209-0-03789800-1450570040_thumb.png