You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hexadecimal Color Code Field

Switching from Ai to AD I work with color, if I want to quickly paste the Hex Color Code which i have saved in my past projects to a current project that i am doing, this is not possible to be entered directly in Color or Swatches mode since the Hex Color Code field is not available in these panes.

Refer image attached for ideal placement of Hex# field.

It will be ideal just to have the Hex Color Code field  present in Color and Swatches panes with out going through a long distance to get to it via Panes->Sliders ->  RGB -> RGB Hex

Hope this will be updated in the next version of Affinity Designer!

Affinity_Designer_HEX#.PNG

Welcome to the forums @busynights
While you have the Colour Panel open you can use the ‘hamburger’ icon (top-right) to open a menu and select how you want the panel to look. You can then further specify what sort of controls you want.
You can then leave the Colour Panel as it is and continue to work that way until you want it to look different.
See my attached video for an example.

I spotted that, but (as I mentioned) once you have selected the panel options you want then you can just leave the panel as it is; there’s no “long distance” to it, it’s just there as you want it until you decide to change it.
Note: Also, the OP seems to be suggesting that the RGB values could be entered in the HSL Slider ‘mode’, which makes for a mix of HSL/RGB value types, which seems wrong to me in this instance.

7 hours ago, GarryP said:

Welcome to the forums @busynights
While you have the Colour Panel open you can use the ‘hamburger’ icon (top-right) to open a menu and select how you want the panel to look. You can then further specify what sort of controls you want.
You can then leave the Colour Panel as it is and continue to work that way until you want it to look different.
See my attached video for an example.

Hi Gary, many thanks for your reply and detailed video. This works fine for me now.

Thanks again Gary!