You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,..I've stated earlier that I am new to affinity,..I am working on a tshirt and want to recolor different pieces in this file by masking and for some reason it not working. 

As an example, I want to record the smaller snowflakes to a shade of blue which I was able to do, then I want to add a mask which is a silver background to some of the larger snow flakes. 

Normally I would group these snowflakes then add the silver image on top and choose mask below, but it's not working. I know I am skipping a step, just can't seem to figure it out.

Any quick tips would be great. 

Thanks

Test Cold Outside.png

Hi @Destiny Rose and welcome!

Here's one way:

Use the Flood Select tool ("Magic Wand")  in Add mode to select the areas you want to mask. 

Use the File-Place command to choose the background image. In the layer stack, make sure it's above the background image.

In the Layers panel, click the Mask Layer button.

Deselect.

182050534_Screenshot2020-10-07at08_27_58.thumb.png.4314699e9f8987a1c54ca9c98f4bef43.png

Hope this helps,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Thank you. I was able to mask with the magic wand method. Super easy - thanks

I didn't know about the blend mode method. Tried several times and can't get it to work. The rectangle just stays over the image. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I like that method too so I am going to try to figure out how to do properly.

As always, thanks for the help