You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where has “lock children” gone?

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2020 at 6:10 PM, Chris B said:

Update - It should be on the context toolbar for the Move Tool apparently..

I’m having ( another) 'Senior moment' Chris, how do I bring up the context menu again for Move tool? I can’t get it to show.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 12/19/2020 at 10:25 AM, DM1 said:

I’m having ( another) 'Senior moment' Chris, how do I bring up the context menu again for Move tool? I can’t get it to show.

Well I imagine it will either be at the bottom of the screen when the Move Tool is selected or it might appear in Commands but at the moment, the Move Tool doesn't have a context menu—unless dev mean on a long-press. 

The Transform Studio in version 1.8 also has a ‘Transform separately’ toggle. Where should we be able to find that in version 1.9? :/

Edit: I’d forgotten that I no longer had a working beta build. When I tried to download the latest one, TestFlight informed me “This beta isn't accepting any new testers right now.” :(

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
21 hours ago, Alfred said:

Edit: I’d forgotten that I no longer had a working beta build. When I tried to download the latest one, TestFlight informed me “This beta isn't accepting any new testers right now.” :(

I think the current one is locked down internally for now. I'm hoping to see a public one at some point as I know a few customers are currently unable to open files they've been working on in the beta.

21 hours ago, Alfred said:

The Transform Studio in version 1.8 also has a ‘Transform separately’ toggle. Where should we be able to find that in version 1.9? :/

I presume it will be moved along with Lock Children to a context menu at some point. In my current iOS beta it isn't anywhere to be found (unless I've missed it).

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

I'm hoping to see a public one at some point as I know a few customers are currently unable to open files they've been working on in the beta.

For what it's worth, these files will open on a Mac running the latest beta.  But of course that won't help if you don't have a Mac 

3 minutes ago, p_mac said:
For what it's worth, these files will open on a Mac running the latest beta.  But of course that won't help if you don't have a Mac 

All Affinity files should open in any Affinity version 1.9 beta app, on any platform, but that currently rules out Photo on iPad.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

14 hours ago, Alfred said:

All Affinity files should open in any Affinity version 1.9 beta app, on any platform, but that currently rules out Photo on iPad.

Just trying to give a little info to those Apple users that all is not lost. As a matter of fact I wasn't aware that I could open my images on my Mac beta til I tried it. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.