You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ILCE-7S3 (A7S III) Support for Raw

Hello,

Just curious how long it might be for support for image raw (.arw) files from the new Sony A7SIII?  Just received my camera and took some test shots and was disappointed to not be able to open the raw files in Affinity Photo.
Is there usually a delay for something like this - when a new camera appears?  Or is it just that Sony changed something about the files compared to other / older models?

TIA.

• Staff

Affinity Photo uses a third party database for its RAW decoding. Once the database has been updated to include new camera models and released, our developers can pull this update ready to add to our app via an update. However because it's a third party we don't have a timeframe on when new cameras are added and when it will be available but hopefully not to long.

• 1 month later...

On 10/7/2020 at 4:15 AM, MarkF00 said:

你好,

只是好奇新的Sony A7SIII支持图像原始(.arw)文件可能需要多长时间?刚收到我的相机并进行了一些测试,对无法在Affinity Photo中打开原始文件感到失望。
这样的事情通常会有所延迟-当出现新相机时?还是仅仅是索尼改变了与其他/旧型号相比文件的某些内容?

TIA。

The same is true for sony a7c. I just want to know how long it will take to support the arw format of a7c. I hope it will not take too long.🤔

• 4 weeks later...