You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Art director looking to move from Illustrator needs these

Hi, 

I'm anxious to move from Illustrator CS6 but, like many here, I have certain critical needs to fill my workflow. Aside from some that are planned already to come (pasteboard, Pantones, etc), here are my dire needs:

- Activated fonts need to show up without a relaunch. This is the most painful thing for me since I use FontExplorer X to activate fonts for logos and stuff while the app is launched to try things out but the application doesn't recognize they are activated so I have to relaunch just to work as I would in Illustrator

- Tiled printing with overlap

- Command key to toggle selection (I want to click out of a text box and drag something without hitting v)

I'm just working now so I'll update this post as stuff occurs to me.

Activated fonts need to show up without a relaunch. This is the most painful thing for me since I use FontExplorer X to activate fonts for logos and stuff while the app is launched to try things out but the application doesn't recognize they are activated so I have to relaunch just to work as I would in Illustrator.

Try Preferences > Tab: Miscellaneous > Reset Fonts. I guess this should work …  :)

• 2 years later...