You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Finding Waldo aka where is my object on layers menu <Resolved by Fellow User!>

<RESOLVED! - look at next post>

I will start from usual - love Photo Designer. Love it and use it on daily basis. It is one of a things that make my work in it so much less fluent:

this is when I click on group - exactly what I expect, group is lighten up on layer mennu, just as it should. but I need something deeper.

image.png

So I clicked more (on screen, because I see my object and I want to move it to another group, or see where it is hiding.

image.png.e214a25ab9943bf3d320e6549b9423e2.png

Aaaaand... nothing, no idea.  Sometimes it gives pale blue hue to parent group, but not always. Even if - it is bit too delicate to see. Should it or should it not open hierarchy and expose an object will be debatable (I wish it was, but  think some people can disagree, but stronger feedback will be welcomed.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot!
Feel stupid now. I will feel even worse, if you'll say me that this is checked by default on, and I just turn it off someday. But I think it's not.
If its not default option, please make it so, I don't even thought I can find it, it's like "render layers visible" checkbox in preferences.
Especially that it somewhat worked, but felt broken.

Edited by AdamRatai
afterthought

Two things that really came handy when working with many objects, groups and layers:

- If you Ctrl-click an object, you select it regardless of any groups, subgroups and layers (except if the layer containing the object or group is locked)

- A thing I learned a few weeks ago and used so often since: You can right-click an object and select "Show in layers panel". That way you dive directly to the desired object, especially useful in combination with Ctrl-clicking the object in question.

Thanks!

That first one is really useful.

That second one... I just make a change in Preferences like Old Bruce pointed out.

I always want hierarchy to show me edited object. I will work like this some time and find out is it have some disadvantages for me.