You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Make .joboptions files readable by Affinity products

Hey guys,

Would be nice if we had a feature for reading .joboptions file. The file was given to me by my manufacturer pandagm. 

I'm glad other manufacturer don't do this but pandagm.com is pretty popular for making board games.

Maybe provide a translation tool?

Edited by aymanzone

• 1 month later...

.joboptions is a file that contains settings for creating PDF files (resolution, colour space, which colour profile to use, cropmark settings, bleed ...) -- some printers prefer sending such a settings file to walking customers through questions or giving them a long description of what they need.

hi @wonderings

I got the .joboptions file from Pandagm.com when I wanted to print a game. It contains pre-sets of converting your Affinity Photo or Affinity Publisher to pdf document. It's so that we don't make mistakes in the settings when we convert (as far as I understand). It's like a preset file.

I wish companies would stop using .joboptions and just tell us which settings to include when making pdf file (via screenshots) but they depend on adobe so much so, that they use .jopoptions which I believe is an adobe thing.