You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FFT Denoise with OpenCL activated causes APhoto to crash

FFT Denoise filter with OpenCL activated causes APhoto to crash

Tested on several images.

Empty FFT Denoise dialog briefly appears and APhoto then crashes immediately

If you can't reproduce, I have crash file I can upload if you supply a dropbox link

AP 1.9.0.780 - Windows 8.1

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 7 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @carl123,
This issue was fixed some time ago. I'm not able to reproduce the issues i was experiencing anymore in the current version (it never crashed for me on Windows 10 but there was some weird behaviours which i have logged). Are you still able to to crash the app using the steps above in Windows 8.1 (assuming you are still using it)? Just wanted to clear all doubts. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, MEB said:

Are you still able to to crash the app using the steps above in Windows 8.1 (assuming you are still using it)?

No longer relevant, as shortly after the above was reported OpenCL was disabled from working in Windows 8.1 configurations

FTT worked/works fine without OpenCL

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

No crash on Win 10 with 1.9.4.1065, but render issues with HWA on.

fft-denoise.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

On 5/21/2021 at 10:57 PM, qwz said:

Oh, great. What video driver version you have?

I also have a W10 laptop with HD 620 and OpenCL works just fine after getting the latest driver (27.20.100.9466) direct from Intel. Both Windows Update and Lenovo failed to show an update was available. Try the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant", or go here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/96551/Intel-HD-Graphics-620

16 hours ago, PeteMacca said:

I also have a W10 laptop with HD 620 and OpenCL works just fine after getting the latest driver (27.20.100.9466) direct from Intel. Both Windows Update and Lenovo failed to show an update was available. Try the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant", or go here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/96551/Intel-HD-Graphics-620

Hallelujah! It works - have to install it manually through device manager - otherwise it says 'incompatible device' and i don't know when HP will 'rebrand' this driver. Thanks, Pete!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.