You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Low Resolution Printing with OEM HP Drivers on Mac

I work with Affinity Designer on a Mac and printing using AirPrint produces high resolution crisp prints. However, using the OEM HP drivers produces not as crips graphics and text that is rather jagged/pixelated.

I would really like to use the OEM drivers as they allow the use of different color profiles and many more media types.

I have tinkered with all possible settings to no avail. This affects both my HP LaserJet M553 and HP PageWide 452dw. I also have an Epson and Canon, both of which are used with OEM drivers just fine.

Could this be an issue on the software side even though AirPrint drivers work just fine?

I'm hoping someone has a similar model HP printer that they can test on to determine if it is an issue with Affinity or HP drivers.

Thank you for your input.

No, I have not tried the soft proof adjustment. Can that be used as a makeshift color profile when printing via AirPrint?

It really is a shame as both of these are great printers with no comparison in their price range. Printer drivers from other manufacturers work just fine.

I am hoping someone who has these printers will see this and can confirm they work or don't.