You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector brush behavior is off

So this evening I am building some vector stoke style brushes in Affinity Designer...... and 2 things occurred that have me scratching my head

1. If I set the tail and head within the stroke limits and pull a line.....NOTHING shows on the screen ...If I move the head and the tail offset in then it shows up ( this is issue 1)

image.thumb.png.4aa37b05a9a59a5a1bb6fe25bb16e7bd.png

2. It appears as if the stroke panel is dictating size....notice that in the screenshot the stroke panel is set to 56 P{TS, even though the brush width is set to 200 PX....does the brush width have precedence over the stroke panel...or is in the other way around? 

image.thumb.png.ade3fa625358b0ea3ecb3401664da9f1.png

3rd and final issue .....if I get the line to show by adjusting the head inside....and I raise the pts up above a threshold ....I get a weird behavior where it just skips to another level....notice where the arrow is below ....that is not the shape of the brush 

image.thumb.png.e47a14e46f62da058863e4d5be013c23.png

I have been building brushes for quite a while and have never had issues like this ......any thoughts 

• 5 weeks later...