You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.780 : Color-issue with OpenCL

Hi,
As I already reported here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/124469-190734-white-balance-issue/&tab=comments#comment-682845
the OpenCL-Acceleration causes different color-rendering on my System, caused by the white-balance-adjustment

please compare the following images:
same file, same computer, same software but one time OpenCL is enabled, one time its disabled:

image.png.975247f582f527f52b28ea9dd4e41a99.png

image.png.5fbc392748489d98bd744f47973090e8.png

I also updated to the latest NVidia-Driver and reset all Photo-Beta-Settings (CTRL-Key at launch) but no effect.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64, german, all updates
NVidia GTX 1050 Ti - Driver 456.55

Any suggestion or fix is welcome, thanks in advance.

(No, the "convert to working prodile"-setting is not the issue, since the only change between those 2 screenshots is the OpenCL-setting...)

@Chris B

Thanks for your reply and taking the time to test this on your system.

Automatic conversion is on, but since the profile of the file and my Working-RGB-Profile are both ROMM RGB, there is nothing to convert.
Perhaps you may want to try again with the RGB-Profiles set to ROMM RGB?

image.png.d477785fd682eb70c321554dc497e350.png

Thanks in advance.

• Staff

I can reproduce this if I'm using ROMM RGB. But that's true of the retail version wich doesn't have OpenCL.

OpenCL seems to give me the correct render when using ROMM RGB as if I use the retail and set ROMM RGB I get the green cast.

The first part of the video shows what I'd expect to see when OpenCL is on. The second part of the video, when you turn it off shows the green cast and looks wrong to me.

@Chris B

Thanks again for your fast reply.

I received that file as a JPEG and edited it "just for fun" with the first OpenCL-capable Beta which Serif did release to public - OpenCL was enabled.
A few days later I opened the afphoto-file via double-Click (which this time launched the Release-Version of Photo) and noticed the green cast.
After some trial and error I found out, that only with OpenCL enabled, the colors look correct

Any Ideas?
Just let me know, in case you need more detailed information about my Computer-Setup.

Update:  strange things going on...
since I do not see this color-cast-Issue on other images which I edited the same way as described above, I tried the following:
Opened another one of these files ("A") with the most recent beta, also opened the "green cast-Madonna" ("B") and copied it´s White-Balance-Adjustment-Layer to
the other image ("A") and saved the file.
Now this file ("A") can not be opened any more with the release Version ("unspported features...").

??

• Staff

Well I think there is a bug here, in that with a combination of OpenCL being disabled, a wider gamut profile and a White Balance adjustment. 

26 minutes ago, Fritz_H said:

Now this file ("A") can not be opened any more with the release Version ("unspported features...").

You cannot open beta files in the retail versions. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.