You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.780

Just got a crash to desktop on this version.

Had been using the Contour tool, then later I was trying to use the Corner tool on a selection of anchor points (not the whole shape) and got the crash. I have been unable to repeat the crash but I believe it may have been the result of attempting to corner an unbaked contour.

Is there an indicator for shapes that haven't yet been baked? Feels like a letter or two in the layer panel title of the object would do the trick. UC for unbaked corners UO for unbaked contours, matching the keyboard shortcut for the respective tools. Perhaps a bake everything selected command too? I often forget to bake things because Affinity Designer is so fast I can focus on the design. That's probably a good thing. :)

20 hours ago, anon2 said:

The shift key could make the rotation stepped, as it does when an object is rotated.

• Added ability to rotate view around mouse with Alt+MouseWheel. Shift+Alt+MouseWheel will rotate around the centre. Holding Ctrl at the same time will increase rotation speed. Added Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R as new default shortcut for resetting the view rotation. 

Shift is already allocated in this shortcut.

I  begin having not enough fingers...

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff

My middle mouse wheel is already offering stepped rotation and it's only ALT+roll so very few fingers required (well 2, one for ALT one for mouse wheel)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Mouse wheel does the same here too (but I still have five fingers on my mouse). But it would be nice if canva rotation could be achieved using my Wacom pen. 

Something I noticed, when the canva has been rotated the buttons on my Wacom stylus don't work anymore, until the canva is back to its normal position. Those buttons are programmed to "zoom in" and "zoom out".

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"