You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

vignette always present on new photo

Hi,

I made some adjustments in RAW, including a vignette. These adjustments are being applied to every new raw photo that i attempt to process.

I have set everything to default but the problem persists.

Can you help me. please?  (Screen shot attached).

post-17348-0-24880500-1440402033_thumb.png

Thanks for your assistance, Lee D.

I have tried starting Affinity Photo with the Control held down but the vignette persists. I am not sure if I had inadvertently created a preset. 

I am quite unsure what to try next.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hi Lee D,

Unfortunately, my Vignetting  and Distortion problems persist even after re-installing Affinity Photo.

I am now in the position of not being able to use Affinity Photo with my camera in the raw file mode.

What can I do?

Please see attachment of latest photo.

Regards,

Kevin

post-17348-0-57118200-1440479892_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Kevin,

I downloaded some sample RAW files and received a similar issue on opening them in Affinity Photo. Your camera (Panasonic DMC-TZ70) has a lens profile automatically applied to the file. This isn't being picked up, as Photo doesn't have lens profiles.

They are a feature that our devs may bring into Photo in the future.

Thanks

Hi Lee D.

The inability of Affinity to process raw files from a leading travel camera is disappointing.

Does this warrant a partial refund, as Affinity is of limited value to me for an unknown period?

Once again thanks for your professional assistance.

I look forward t a favourable response to this posting.

Regards,

Kevin

• Staff

Hi Kevin,

I just downloaded a RAW file sample from this camera - the lens vignette and distortion you can see in all your images are actually how the sensor recorded the data and are unfortunately just a part of how the camera's lens affects the sensor's view of the world. As Lee mentions, the RAW contains a built-in mapping designed to remove the edges of the image (scale it to not show the distorted edges) and also to remove the lens distortion. At present, Affinity Photo is not reading this data and is instead providing you with the RAW sensor data as a starting point. You can easily rectify this by going to the 'Lens' panel, setting the distortion to about -9% (in the image I tried) and the scale to about 112% and the image is back to how it should be. Now you've got some settings you like, just look at the top of the Lens panel and choose 'Add Preset' and type a name for your preset. Now whenever you open a RAW file just go to the Lens panel and choose your preset from the dropdown and it will be fixed. I know that's not as good as it automatically reading the correction from the file and applying it, but we will add that as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime, but at least you're hopefully able to get on with your images now :)

With regards to refunds, the App Store detaches the developer from customers - we don't accept the payment ourselves, so we have no way to know who even has bought it, let alone refund some part of it :(  Apple are extremely good about refunds though - if you feel the software isn't what you wanted then just request a refund (on your invoice I think there's a section to report a concern and if you click it you can request a refund from there) and they'll give you the money back straight away :)

Thanks again,

Matt