You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error when exporting PDF from Publisher if Photo-File is linked

IMG

We are currently transferring from Adobe to Affinity on all our graphics workstations. Therefore we discovered a bug as follows:

When a designer file has a photo file linked via resource manager we get an not further specific error when exporting the designer file to a PDF. This only happens, under certain conditions:

We can reproduce this issue when the photo file linked in the designer has eg. a hue/saturation adjustment applied to one layer and masks applied to another layer and groups. Rasterising only the group with the mask attached does NOT solve the issue. Rasterising all groups solves the issue but then I will not need to link the photo file anymore, as I could link a flatend TIFF instead to keep the base changeable. 

We can reproduce this in almost any project we started with photo and designer. We also tested komplex photo files without masks and adjustments. In this case the PDF-export in Designer works fine.

I have attached a screenshot of the layers of an example photo file causing this issue. Once everything is rasterised it will work, but thats not a solution for us.

Thanks for the help!

Philipp

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.24.28.png

Edited by IMG